Virgin Mobile

iPhone 11 pro from apple store no SIM card

Re: iPhone 11 pro from apple store no SIM card

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST. Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

Enthusiast

This happened to me as well. I called Virgin Mobile and was told that I can buy an unlocked iPhone 11 pro from apple store and get it activated with Virgin Mobile since Virgin Mobile did not have any iPhone 11 pro in stock for months. After 2 weeks of working with customer service and trying 1 sim card from Sprint and 2 sim cards from Virgin Mobile (with virgin mobile's recommendation), I was then told the opposite that the unlocked iPhone 11 Pro from apple is not supported.  They mentioned there's no timeline of when it will be supported.  Also, the virgin mobile "Bring Your Own iPhone" website (https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html) also specify that my iPhone 11 Pro is eligible to transfer as followed "Your phone is eligible to transfer to Virgin Mobile! Just complete your SIM card purchase and you're all set".

Very frustrated and dissappointed about the false information that customer service provided me and also inaccurate information on the website.  Now I'm left with an iPhone 11 Pro, 3 sim cards and trying to figure out what to do with it.

Honestly, more training is needed so that wrong information is not provided and website provide clear and correct information; otherwise, how can there be trust between business and customers when both main source of communication are inaccurate.  

Agent

We understand your frustration, @cleeMobile, & we apologize for the inconvenience! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

Master

Hi Frank. Before you take this private, could you please clarify for me?

I've called into Virgin Mobile several times over the past month about iPhone 11, because it's sold out on the Virgin Mobile store. Every single Virgin Mobile service rep I've spoken to on the phone has told me I can purchase a phone from the Apple Store as an existing customer.

But in the online community (also Virgin Mobile), everyone says you CANNOT purchase an iPhone through the Apple Store as an existing customer.

Why is your online community saying one thing, and your phone reps saying the complete opposite? Which is true?

Agent

Unfortunately, the bring your own iPhone program is not available for exisitng customers. 

Enthusiast

I had this issue as well.

VIRGIN IS WRONG IT DOES WORK:

See this user's response here:

https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/iPhone/Sim-Card-for-Unlocked-iPhone-11/td-p/43994

the apple store can get it work work. Virgin sucks at activating cell phones beucase why would a cell phone company be good at that?