Virgin Mobile

iPhone 7 - iMessage + Facetime not connecting

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

iPhone 7 - iMessage + Facetime not connecting

Does anyone have the same issue? (Reads: 'Waiting for activation....')

Everything on the phone works good, except both iMessage & Facetime is not connecting the iCloud. I spoke with Apple support and we did some troubleshooting together and still nothing.  

Troubleshootings made. 1. Resetting Network Settings. 2. Resetting All Settings. 3. Checking is Time & Date was correct> Turning off FT & iMess. & Restarting device.

Since I haven't had the phone for 24hrs, they told me to wait until then & then retry the 'Network reset' & if it doesn't work, reach carrier(Virgin Mobile) & then again, Apple support. 

Well see ... Until then, I cannot FT or see my blue message bubble hehe. 

4 REPLIES 4
Agent

Re: iPhone 7 - iMessage + Facetime not connecting

Hi shers!

There are no reported issues with those iPhone apps/features, at this time. We'd like to know from other iPhone users if they're having any similar difficulties with Facetime and iMessage. We're all "ears"!

EdwinRG

Social Care Agents

Whiz Kid

I have the same issue! I've tried everything, includng a factory reset, and nothing is working. I'm very frustrated with this. I successfully swapped from an iPhone 5C to an iPhonoe 6S and this issue has been going on since last night!

Whiz Kid

I'm have the same issues and more ...

iMessage will not activate and I cannot send pictures to anyone that doesn't have an iPhone.  I also get random messages that my iPhone is not activated.  I've tried several suggested fixes and none have worked.  This is a "pre-loved" phone that i am highly regreting purchasing at this point.  

Agent

Sorry to hear that, @WendyM. Is the phone showing No service in the status bar? Are you able to make and receive calls?