Virgin Mobile

iPhone BYOD - IMEI not recognized

Enthusiast

iPhone BYOD - IMEI not recognized

I received a SIM card in the mail today, but when going to activate it by entering my IMEI number on the website I get an error message: "OOPS

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: iPhone BYOD - IMEI not recognized

Hi RMet! Sorry to hear you're having issues.  What carrier did that iPhone come from? Please send me a DM and I'll be glad to help out.  I'll also need your virgin mobile phone # and PIN to pull up your account.

I am switching over the Virgin Mobile from Verizon. My phone said it was compatible because it is unlocked however when i type my IMEI or MEID into the activation page it says there is an error. i have tried to call customer service but that was no help. Someone help please!!!

Agent

Hey there @aussiesheila124 What is the make and model of your device? 

~JoyP.

it is an Apple iPhone 8 Plus

Agent

Thanks for the information, @aussiesheila124. Can you please send us a private message with the IMEI or MEID of your device so we can take a closer look?

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Whiz Kid

I am having the same problem if an agent could please help me out that would be great

Agent

Hi, billymueller13! How can we help you?