Virgin Mobile

iPhone Battery Life and Performance

Virgin Mobile Alumni
Virgin Mobile Alumni

iPhone Battery Life and Performance

We know you may have concerns about battery life and performance on iPhone 6s and earlier devices.

Our friends at Apple released a message to customers about iPhone battery and performance. Here are some key details:

• Apple is reducing the price of an out-of-warranty iPhone battery replacement by $50 — from $79 to $29 — for anyone with an iPhone 6 or later whose battery needs to be replaced, starting in late January and available worldwide through December 2018. Details will be provided soon on apple.com.
  • Early in 2018, Apple will issue an iOS software update with new features that give users more visibility into the health of their iPhone’s battery, so they can see for themselves if its condition is affecting performance.
  • The Apple team is also working on ways to make the user experience even better, including improving how they manage performance and avoid unexpected shutdowns as batteries age. 

Apple has also released an article with more details on understanding iPhone battery life and performance.

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns in the replies below.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
7 REPLIES
Heavy Hitter

Re: iPhone Battery Life and Performance

I bought a pre-loved iphone 6s recently from Virgin.   My phone needs recharging every one or two days, even if I don't use it.  Battery seems bad.  Is going to apple store to get a replacement battery my only option?

Enthusiast

There is some tips that could save the battery life for your reference: 1) Use Low Power Mode 2) Restrict Unimportant Notifications 3) Turn off Wi-fi if You Don't Need It 4) Do not Activate Location Service 5) Lower Screen Brightness 6) Limit Background Refresh for Applications 7) Tighten Up Auto-Lock the shortest period for your device, namely 30 seconds.
Master

Actually, increasing battery life for iPhone is not such a difficult thing as you think. To make your device run for a longer time, you only need to adjust some settings of your device like reducing the brightness of screen, disabling wireless network, quitting background software and so on.

Heavy Hitter

I reduced the brightness of screen.  I don't know how to quit background software.  I don't want to disable wireless network because I often use wifi.  I don't think any of those will help me much.  I took my phone to apple store and they ran diagnostics.  They said my battery was nearing the end of it's life because it had a high number of recharge cycles (I forgot the numbers, something like 1,500 recharges on a battery that lasts 1,600).  They would not replace the battery because they said the phone had some water damage inside.  It's bad that Virgin sells phones with old batteries and water damage.

We apologize for the inconvenience at this time. When was your device purchased?

Heavy Hitter

Dec 13, 2017

Thanks, bgswis! We are terribly sorry for this inconvenience. We recommend to purchase a new device. You can take advantage of the special offers we have available here