Virgin Mobile

iPhone SE to Pre-Loved iPhone 7 Plus

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

iPhone SE to Pre-Loved iPhone 7 Plus

I’m looking to upgrade my phone, I currently have an iPhone SE and want to upgrade to a pre-loved iPhone 7 Plus.

I was just wondering, after I purchase a pre-loved iPhone 7 Plus, do I just take the sim card from my old SE and put it in the 7 Plus? Or would I get a new sim from Virgin Mobile because of the automatic Inner Circle activation?

And also when/if I get the pre-loved iPhone 7 Plus, will my old SE be unlocked since there’s no SIM card?

Lastly, are the pre-loved iPhone 7 pluses any good, I have heard a lot of people saying that they’ve received very horrible phones and have a hard time getting a replacement, even with the warranty.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wizard

Re: iPhone SE to Pre-Loved iPhone 7 Plus

1) You cannot simply swap sims between phones on  Virgin Mobile (even if both phones use the same model).  It can be done with the help of an agent.  However, the best practice is to get a new sim for the new phone as that minimizes the chances there will be any problems.

2) Your SE will not be unlocked simply because there is no sim in it.  You need to request Virgin Mobile to unlock it (assuming your phone is eligible under the current policy).

3)  Buying any used phone entails a risk and if there is a problem, even if it is covered by warranty, there can be considerable inconvenience and loss of service for a while.  On the other hand, the cost is much lower than a new device.  It is a personal decision as to how to weigh the pros and cons of this type of decision.  

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

1) You cannot simply swap sims between phones on  Virgin Mobile (even if both phones use the same model).  It can be done with the help of an agent.  However, the best practice is to get a new sim for the new phone as that minimizes the chances there will be any problems.

2) Your SE will not be unlocked simply because there is no sim in it.  You need to request Virgin Mobile to unlock it (assuming your phone is eligible under the current policy).

3)  Buying any used phone entails a risk and if there is a problem, even if it is covered by warranty, there can be considerable inconvenience and loss of service for a while.  On the other hand, the cost is much lower than a new device.  It is a personal decision as to how to weigh the pros and cons of this type of decision.  

Whiz Kid

Don't do it. I received one and it's a piece of garbage. Got with MetroPCS ior nother mvno
Agent

Sorry to hear that, @Cozmo. What happened with your phone?

Master

I agree, dont do it- I decided to get a certified 6s and it was a piece of junk and i have to pay to return it

awful

Agent

That doesn’t sound good at all. What seems to be the issue with the device?