Virgin Mobile

iPhone unlock after it was replaced with new Virgin Mobile phone

Enthusiast

iPhone unlock after it was replaced with new Virgin Mobile phone

Hello. I have iPhone 6s which was originally purchased from Virgin Mobile and used for service. Later I purchased new iPhone and used it to upgrade for service with my account ("replace phone" online). Now I'm trying to use my older iPhone 6s with SIM card from other provider and it does not work with this exact iPhone 6s (I tried it with other unlocked iPhone from my family member and it worked) - so I assume that my iPhone 6s was not unlocked by Virgin Mobile. I opened case with support and have reference number and they also responded that my case was "escalated" but no firther news so far. I'm just wondering if somebody can help with this case. I see currently that my phone just show "Sprint" as a service when I power it on with former Virgin Mobile SIM. 

4 REPLIES 4
Enthusiast

Re: iPhone unlock after it was replaced with new Virgin Mobile phone

Update on this - Virgin Mobile escalated this unlock problem to Sprint and they responded that it is not eligible for unlock as it is not on account. Of course it is not on account as I have already upgraded my Virgin account device to new one. Can somebody from Virgin help me to solve it?

Agent

Hi there, abruevich. We really want to help you with this issue! Please send us a private message so we can take a closer look.

Enthusiast

Thanks John. Sent you private message. Still hope it can be solved.

Thanks, abruevich! We will be answering you via private message.