Virgin Mobile

question about the prepaid broadband november 18th closure

SOLVED
Highlighted
BAJ
Master

question about the prepaid broadband november 18th closure

First of all I apologize for posting this on the iPhone forum. I can't find the Broadband forum anymore. I'm reading a website that says Virgin Mobile Broadband has shut down their prepaid service on November 18th, 2017. Well that date has passed and I still have their service. I'm using a Broadband2Go device with 3G/4G capability that plugs into my Windows 7 USB port. I'm on the $50 unlimited data plan that runs out of high speed after using 2.5 gigs. I've had this plan for many years. Am I not affected by this prepaid announcement? Or will I be affected when my 30 days of service runs out and I have to reactivate my plan next month? Please respond because I'm concerned.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: question about the prepaid broadband november 18th closure

@BAJ @Cbx1 Hi. I do see news about it, but this is referring to Virgin Mobile Australia, not Virgin Mobile USA. If this ever happens with Virgin Mobile USA, customers should be notified, but as of now, there are no news on us removing this service. - E.J.

4 REPLIES
Heavy Hitter

Hi it is possible that it could have been a misconception of what was posted on that you was reading. However in some remote locations there may have been an outage that was some repair
Agent

@BAJ @Cbx1 Hi. I do see news about it, but this is referring to Virgin Mobile Australia, not Virgin Mobile USA. If this ever happens with Virgin Mobile USA, customers should be notified, but as of now, there are no news on us removing this service. - E.J.

BAJ
Master

Oh I didn't see the Australian part.  I also saw that the website mentions Virgin Mobile Broadband, but doesn't say Broadband2Go.  I think there's a difference between the two but I'm not really sure.  I know the day is coming when Broadband2Go's service will close but I hope it's not for a while since I don't have many options for internet where I live.  At least, not for computers and laptops.  I can buy mobile phones with internet service... I think.  Not 100% sure.  I live in the middle of nowhere where internet service is hit or miss.  Cable isn't available here.  I'd like to think if I can get Broadband2Go here, that Virgin Mobile would work with an iPhone.  Thanks for the replies!

Agent

Hello BAJ, you can check the coverage map in your area by clicking here.