Virgin Mobile

unable to re-activate iphone 7 with new sim- same phone purchased and used since 2017

Highlighted
TLP
Whiz Kid

unable to re-activate iphone 7 with new sim- same phone purchased and used since 2017

Long read, very irritated desperate and upset. FIX MY PHONEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!

-I purchased my iPhone7 last year (2017) as an upgrade from iPhone 4s from vm website and had no issues until 2 weeks ago

-consistent VM customer for 5+ years

- IOS 12 update left me wih an error that said "No Service" VM solution was to mail a new sim.

-New sim shows "Sprint" service and when ICCID is entered in VM website, i get the error message that unfortunately this is not serviced through vm... what the entire flip?!

- swapped the service from iPhone7 to aforementioned iPhone4s- when tech support tried to swap service back to Iphone 7 last night I was left with no phone service at all

*** I can not make phone calls, I cannot contact customer support via phone, I do not have an alternate phone to use, fix my phone asap, this is absolutely f-ing ridiculous. Now when I call from hangouts on my laptop the agents can't hear me. This is beginning to feel like some apocalyptic bs, in 2018 vm wants me to have a house phone to contact them to get service on either of the 2 phones purchased thrugh them??!! Seriously please help

Tech support at vm mailed me a new sim. Ive spoken with them several times over the last 2 weeks ( had to call via hangouts on my laptop) and have no been provided with a solution.

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: unable to re-activate iphone 7 with new sim- same phone purchased and used since 2017

That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to read that you’ve been experiencing this, @TLP. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN code, MEID/IMEI number of the iPhone that you are trying to activate, and the ICCID/SIM card number.

TLP
Whiz Kid

Re: unable to re-activate iphone 7 with new sim- same phone purchased and used since 2017

Hey lawrence 

Thanks for the reply. I've since purchased a new phone because I could no longer bear the grooling process of troubleshooting to no avail.

My new problem is that I cannot activate my new phone on the website. I get all the way to the activate stage and it seems the button is unresponsive.

Agent

Hey there, TLP. Let's do some investigating. Is it a Virgin Mobile device? If so, please send us a private message with the account phone number, pin code, IMEI and SIM card number.