Virgin Mobile

unlocking iphones

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

unlocking iphones

What's the purpose of a "locked Iphone"? I may cancel 2 accounts with Virgin Mobile due to inconsistancies with customer support and their policy with autopay discounts? Very unprofessional support with a new phone purchase and not being notified about losing a discount with existinng numbers......really bad experiece with this company.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: unlocking iphones

Nevermind.......escalated to Nathan in support. He fixed the problem with my account so that I did not have to deal with "unlocking" a phone I bought outright when upgrading.Really stupid policy, I OWN the phone and was told that u have to have it on an account for 12 month's! Even if it's a prepaid phone......wonder who's policy that really is.........

Anyway my autopay discount was credited for 6 month's which makes up the issue with autopay. Apparently the "system" can't go back to an olderr plan and they only way to fix that is with a "credit".....oh brother!

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Nevermind.......escalated to Nathan in support. He fixed the problem with my account so that I did not have to deal with "unlocking" a phone I bought outright when upgrading.Really stupid policy, I OWN the phone and was told that u have to have it on an account for 12 month's! Even if it's a prepaid phone......wonder who's policy that really is.........

Anyway my autopay discount was credited for 6 month's which makes up the issue with autopay. Apparently the "system" can't go back to an olderr plan and they only way to fix that is with a "credit".....oh brother!

Whiz Kid

So if i understand correctly... If i buy a phone from Virgin Mobile I need to have active service for 12 months before the phone can be unlocked so that I can switch to another carrier???

Agent

That is correct, @mia69tia Virgin Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:

• The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
  • The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time

If you believe you meet the above requirements and would like to request that your Domestic SIM Unlock-capable device be unlocked, please send us a private message or contact Virgin Mobile Customer Care by dialing 1-888-322-1122.